19 Apr 2009

Sunny April

It's a wonderful April Sunday and haven't we been blessed with some fabulous weather of late? The early butterflies are dancing along the hedgerows, trees and bushes are bursting into leaf and flower, and the bluebells are just about in full blue bloom.

April is one of my favourite months and for the last few years I don't remember there being a bad one as far as weather is concerned but then my motto has always been 'There's no such thing as bad weather; just degrees of good'!

The WuFuV's get back to work next Friday with some wildlife surveying at Dothill which we're all looking forward to. In the meantime I thought I'd just drop in a quick post with a handful of photo's which have been uploaded to the WFV Yahoo Group. This forum (open to all) has seen a great deal of activity just lately so if you haven't signed up yet - now might be a good time! Click here to join It's full of superb pictures, links, files and sparkling conversation.

Here's a great pic from Les of a Bullfinch and Goldfinch at the same feeder;

And another from Les;

Isn't that just fantastic?

And a real scoop from Keith with a Brambling. Don't know about you but I've yet to see one in my garden let alone have the foresight to rush inside for the camera;-



Being a fan of moths I was particularly impressed by Nigel's male Early Thorn (Selenia dentaria);-

Nigel continues to beat Les and me (both using moth traps) with stunning pics from his porch!

Not to be outdone though I managed a Comma butterfly in Ercall Woods;-



These are just a few of the many fabulous pics uploaded by WuFuV's - take a look around the various folders - I'm sure you'll be as amazed as I am! Apart from birds and moths you'll see trees, insects, spiders, flowers, fungi and a selection of Keith's trip to Sri Lanka.

Please feel free to upload your own selection. Add them to existing members folders or create your own.

Catch you all on Friday!


1 comment:

  1. I recently moved my bird feeder, only a few feet, and almost immediately began to get Goldfinches as regular visitors for the first time. I had only previously seen them on very rare occasions.

    I've just had a pair of Siskins pass through too. Another first for my garden. Unfortunately they didn't stay long enough for a photo.

    Maybe I need to move my moth trap next!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this post...